| Press Releases
Click on the link to view details for each press release
- Kacee Clanton Will Play Title Role in A Night with Janis Joplin Twice a Week; Complete Cast Announced.
- Kacee joins the cast of the Broadway show "A Night With Janis Joplin". Opening on October 10th, 2013. Click to view the cast.
- Kacee is honored to be joining the cast of the hit show "One Night With Janis Joplin" at the Zach Theatre in Austin, Texas. Show opens
July 18, 2013.
- Aug, 2012 - Kacee has teamed up with the talented master of funk rock, André Berry, to make a new record that will be melting faces by the end of 2012
- Jan, 2012 - Kacee joins Luis Miguel for his 2012 Tour
- Sept, 2009 - Kacee joins Luis Miguel for his 2010 - 2011 "Labios de Miel Tour" Tour
- June, 2010 - Kacee is joining the cast of Your Town Follies
- Oct, 2009 - Kacee Joins LA Music Academy
- Apr, 2009 - Kacee once again joins the cast in Off-Broadway's extreme rock musical, "Love, Janis"
- Jan, 2009 - Kacee joins Luis Miguel for his 2008 - 2009 "Complices" Tour
Read what complete strangers and bribe recipients have to say about
Kacee's recorded works, theatrical performances, and live shows
|One Night With Janis Joplin
- BayAreaPlays.com. By David John Chavez.
"Clanton’s power was reminiscent of the Queen herself, with phenomenal renditions of...“Summertime,” “Ball and Chain.” “Me and Bobby McGee” and “Cry Baby.” What is so interesting about watching Clanton in the role is we really feel that Joplin was able to give the audience one more night..." read more
- Content Magazine. By Lam Nguyen.
"Kacee...then makes her way on to the stage. Her performance is a completely different animal altogether and...defines the entire experience. She begins almost timidly, weaving in and out of moments that seem almost sheepish... Then, as the performance pushes on, you literally get to see Clanton’s Joplin go from shy young woman to full on, larger-than-life rock star. By the time you get to the first chorus, there is no mistaking who’s on that stage. She becomes Janis Joplin in a poignant, haunting, and almost painful two and a half minutes. She arrives in a form that dominates the rest of the show and leaves the audience speechless..." read more
- Theatre Notes. By Paul Myrvold.
"Ms. Clanton holds nothing back, just as Janis did, delivering her songs from the tips of her toes to the top of her head with its lion’s mane of auburn hair, investing the music with passion and wringing every bit of feeling out of each intense, vividly affecting moment..." read more
- "Tears rolled down my cheeks when Kacee Clanton poured her heart into "Summertime" as the title character in "One Night With Janis Joplin" at San Jose Repertory Theatre. Her phrasings were perfect - the soulful wail; the urgent, staccato "no-no-no-no-no"; the notes torn from a raw, visceral core - all within an artful reproduction of Joplin's unique delivery." ~ San Francisco Chronicle. By Robert Hurwitt.
- San Jose Mercury News. By Karen D'Souza.
"The charismatic singer-actress, who will alternate in the lead role for the show's upcoming Broadway run, knows how to seduce a crowd as well as belt out a song. She's half diva, half earth mother and she summons up the iconic singer's unmistakable combination of grace and grit with breathtaking force. She connects with the music deeply and that sense of intimacy is the show's most intoxicating quality..."
- Austin Chronicle, 8/12/2013
"Clanton has mastered the singer's salty and sweet demeanor, not to mention that epochal wail. And with more than 20 musical numbers in the show, including all of the greatest hits, Clanton oozes Janis' loneliness, pain, and passion over and over again..."
- Broadway World, 7/21/2013
"When she speaks, she's ballsy, honest, witty, and incredibly smart, with a touch of vulnerability and a tiny bit of self-doubt thrown in. When she sings, she's able to capture the Janis grit and rawness. When Clanton really lets loose with some Janis-esque ad libs...you forget for a moment that the person you're watching is an actress playing the Queen of Rock..."
|Album: "Mama Came to Sing"
is the latest from... song stress phenom Kacee.
I first met Kacee fronting for Big Brother and
the Holding Co. (doin' Janis' legacy proud!).
Next she toured with Joe Cocker. Now, spreading
her wings you will find this CD full of great
original rockers and soulful ballads that showcase
Kacee's incredible talent...I expect nothing but
a great future from my friend. What talent!!!
- - Blue Monday Monthly. Minneapolis, MN. April 2006.
Review from Hawaiian Chopper magazine says "... Since I first listened to this record,
I haven't been able to get it out of my
head! This is a must have for any rock & roller..."
Read the full review
"Look out! This mamma is packing heat..."
Read more (PDF)
-- "Love, Janis" By: C.W. Hanson. Kansas City / 50 & Better. March 2007
"...Clanton literally brought the crowd to our feet with
her exacting portrayal of Janis' music and fervent
-- We "Love, Janis." The Broadway Blog. March 26, 2007
(click here to see the review on The Broadway Blog)
"Kacee Clanton is of a feather with Joplin in Love, Janis."
--"Get It While You Can" By: Alan Scherstuhl. The Pitch. February 15, 2007
(click here to see the review on pitch.com)
"...Clanton belted out Joplin's tunes with integrity and rasp."
-- "Play Depicts Life of 60s Rock Star Through Letters" By: Alex Peak. Kansas State Collegian. March 26, 2007
mannerisms and her mix of sweetness and vulgarity
were captured to near perfection...by Kacee..."
- - Tony Perry, LA Times Theater Review,
Rollicking 'Love, Janis' Does More Than Push Those Boomer Buttons
"Listening to you sing...you obviously have the vocal
qualities down, but there's something else that you have down:
Janis Joplin's voice was about emotion and feeling life, and
you've got that down too.... I'll tell you what, girl, you
can certainly sing. And Jon [Nichols], you can certainly play!"
- - NBC San Diego Morning News, July 2002
(excerpt of interview with Bernard Gonzalez)
"The 'Janis Joplin' rendition of 'God Bless America,'
took the crowd...who attended the Excellence in Journalism
Awards...by surprise, as Kacee..., who starred in...'Love,
Janis,' at the San Diego Repertory Theater, delivered
American patriotism with rare 'Janis' passion and style."
- - Laura Walcher, Journalism Awards Chair,
San Diego Press Club Foghorn, J-Awards Starred San Diego Media
|Big Brother & the Holding Company
"Kacee peels the paint off the walls and chews up the furniture. I mean,
the woman is downright destructive..." (Read the full review)
-- Sam Andrew, Big Brother & the Holding Company. BBHC Forum. March 2010.
Kacee Clanton moves like Janis Joplin. When her rough 'n' tumble
vocals work through classics like Summertime or Ball n' Chain,
you'd swear it was the legendary blues lady singing...
(Read the full article)
-- Andre Wetjen. eVent. Wednesday, July 23, 2008.
"...The crowd stood on its feet as Clanton sang the
emotional 'Ball and Chain,' perfectly emulating the
rough vocals of Joplin....Kacee was great....She is
the closest thing to Janis."
-- Som Khamsaysoury. The Porterville Recorder. January 21, 2003.
"Kacee, who played in the Los Angeles production of the
musical Love, Janis, did a superb job on the Joplin vocal
showcases such as 'Summertime,' 'Piece Of
My Heart' & 'Ball And Chain.' She has
the rare ability to evoke & pay homage to Janis Joplin
without imitating her."
- - Excerpt from review of Big Brother &
the Holding Co., Borderline Club, London
calls for more...Kacee still wanted another go...
and what could make the night even more fantastic
than a ride in a 'Mercedes Benz'...drive on, Kacee..."
- - Concertverslag: Big Brother &
Holding Company feat,17 maart 2003, Banana Peel, Ruislede -
België, Auteur: Patrick Lagae.